Ever walk through the grocery store…for say, fruits and vegetables, maybe some meat and there, on the end of a random aisle, a product catches your eye? You know you don’t need it, maybe don’t even really want it. At the same time you know what the marketing campaigns of these products are doing to you and still…you end up putting it in your cart. I am sooo against store-bought cookies…especially the kinds in packages from companies say..Nabisco. However, I fought off buying Birthday Cake Oreos for a few weeks and caved today. Now, of course I was not going to be the typical American and line them up on a plate with a giant glass of milk and dunk away. Instead I turned them into something even more evil.. and stuffed them inside chocolate chip cookies. I am so ashamed. Good thing I made chicken breast, asparagus, and mashed cauliflower for dinner.
Birthday Cake Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies2 cups all-purpose flour 1/2 teaspoon baking soda 1/2 teaspoon salt 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted 1 cup packed brown sugar 1/2 cup white sugar 1 tablespoon vanilla extract 1 egg 1 egg yolk 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips 1 package Birthday Cake Oreo Cookies (or regular Oreos)
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar until well blended. Beat in the vanilla, egg, and egg yolk until light and creamy. Mix in the sifted ingredients until just blended. Stir in the chocolate chips by hand using a wooden spoon.
- Place in the refrigerator for 30-1 hour
- Grab about 2 golf ball size scoops and flatten on your hand
- Place an Oreo in the center and wrap in dough
- Place on baking sheet and refrigerate for 20 minutes
- Bake for 12-15 minutes and place on wire rack to cool.